This week it’s all about simple and tasty, with a twist! What makes this snack is the union of crunchy seeded bread, traditional Mexican style guacamole and creamy scrambled eggs. Moments to make AND it’s nutritious and delicious.
For many years I was sure traditional Mexican guacamole needed red chilli. It doesn’t. Traditional Mexican Guacamole is about bringing the avocado to life with white onion, lime, coriander and salt. The chilli is a distraction to this wonderful flavour. Give it a go. The onion is the PERFECT partner to the avocado.
The Greek Yoghurt came about when I’d ran out of my usual Oat Milk and I was in adaption mode. Not only does the Greek Yoghurt add creamy yumminess, it also adds a satisfying tang and extra protein!
You could top these with lots of extras – feta cheese, chilli tomatoes. Get creative!
- 1 Avocado, perfectly ripe
- 1/4 White onion
- Bunch finely chopped coriander
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- Touch of black pepper
- Fresh lime juice
- Seed mix
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp. Greek Yoghurt
- 1/2 tsp. Butter
- Salt – to taste
- Pepper – to taste
- Lidl, Sunflower Seed Bread
- Or, try Irish Soda Bread, jump to OM’spiration page for recipe
- Mix avocado with finely chopped white onion.
- Add lime juice to taste.
- Add coriander.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Whisk the eggs, butter, Greek Yoghurt, salt and pepper.
- Add little olive oil to pan.
- Cook slowly to avoid burning and keep the eggs fluffy. Be careful to avoid overcooking.